Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yesterday I had my first chiropractic appointment. It was good and bad. First the good. Tracy Cunningham was AWESOME. She was very attentive and listened to all my problems and what I had done prior to visiting her before she explained the spine/hips and their functions in the body especially with regards to running. She took x-rays, relax my back muscles for 15 minutes an then tried to stretch out my spine. Then we discussed what might be causing the problems. It was something about L4 and L5 being a little compressed, but it isn't a bulging disk (she thinks but needs an MRI to really see but don't want to pay out-of -pocket for that). Also my hips are off due to a leg length discrepancy (which I though my orthotics were correcting) and that my spine was twisting towards the right. Finally, my extremely tight leg muscles weren't helping. She said I need to see her for a month or two and start stretching. I already stretch over 20 minutes a day, roll out on a foam roller and use a tennis ball to loosen my IT band. I just don;t get flexible. Also, 2 MONTHS!!! Man I need to start running. I am a little heartbroken.

So today I will start stretching more and schedule a few more appointments. I don't know if it will work but it is worth a try. I am also going to see about new orthotics. Stupid injury is really messing with my wallet.

Friday I see my primary care physician, hopefully she will help with referrals

No comments:

Post a Comment