Wednesday, February 24, 2010

yesterday was a long day. I left the house at 5:45 and didn't get home until 11 at night. But it was well worth it. Last night, I attended a cross country/track coaches clinic at Nike in Culver City. They have 2 of these a year and they are so worth the time and effort of fighting LA traffic at 5 in the evening to get there. They usually have previews of upcoming shoes and apparel, talk about upcoming events, and then have a quest speaker. Yesterday's speaker was none other than Joe Newton, the legendary cross country coach from York in Illinois. For an 81 year old man he was motivational, inspirational, super informative, and funny as hell. I came away thankful for being able to coach and inspired to be a better coach. Thanks Nike and Mr. Newton.

Today we are doing a 5miler. This will be our first "real" run since the 18.6 miler on Sunday. I am looking forward to it, but my leg is not. It has really been sore since yesterday afternoon. I hope it is just stiff from not getting a therapy/stretching session yesterday. If I feel good, I plan on trying to get in another 4 on Thursday before work at 4:30 am. But let's not get too far ahead of myself.

24 days until LA- are you ready?????

No comments:

Post a Comment