Monday, March 8, 2010

Only one weekend left until the LA Marathon. I usually don't count weekdays as they seem to be filled with work and other obligations, so workouts are usually maintance with the occasional tempo runs. Weekends are the time to shine. The time to treat yourself like an Olympian, focusing on longer runs, extended down time and better meals. So in my mind I only have one weekend left which will fly by.

Our weekend 11 miler went great, except for my leg. We all ran well, and I actually crushedd it. I ran all 11 miles in 1 hour 21 minutes. Super happy with the pace and the way my body and lungs felt, except for the nagging injuries. My left leg felt like it did weeks ago. It hurt so bad after the 6 mile mark. I made it back and iced immediately. Then I went home and jumped in an ice bath. Finally, that night my lovely wife gave me a massage. I felt better on Sunday but still a little worried.

We will see how today's 4 miler goes before we push it a little harder Tuesday.

With only 13 days to go until the LA Marathon, are you feeling ready?


Oh and by the way, thank you Bob (@bfrein) for coming out and training with us on Saturday. We always love having "extra" parent/adult eyes on the kids. Hope to see you this Saturday. And no hard feelings about the "laughing as you pass comment"

1 comment:

  1. No worries about the comment...I thought it was funny, besides I am at a point in my life where I don't let that kind of stuff bother me!

    You will see me Saturday!

    ReplyDelete